Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding Dress

Last weekend I discovered something about the wedding gown--a Calvin Klein gown that is a champagne color--that I call a wedding gown. The first one problem was mostly easily resolved--after about 9 months of owning this dress, there was still an exploding ink tag on the dress. I went to Loehmann's the site of the original $60 wedding dress, and they took it off without problem. Thanks to those stupid loyalty cards (which I think are a waste of trees and plastic) they saw that I purchased the dress and quickly removed the tag.

However, in this year of tri-state commuting, taking courses, and working in retail, I may have gained a few pounds. I know, I know, even with the Disney world half-marathon training. So as Amanda put it I have three options:
1. Lose some weight
2. Find a really good seamstress
3. Or look for another dresss

Well, I decided that 1 and 3 were probably the most practical, so I have some delightful pool snacks and on a lap swimming plan--except that it is cloudy/rainy today.

But yesterday, a stellar friend of mine Meghan and I went to the surprise shop in Towson. They had one wedding dress that I loved and a range of sizes for $50-99--I believe that they have never been worn. I however did not get this dress because it was too tight in the back, but maybe if I lose weight it will still be there...or I will fit into the original dress I bought.

1 comment: